What type of glue for cracked rib ?

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 09:53:28 MDT 2006

I have a grand piano that was left in a hot storage
area, in the sun, and "overdried".  A rib cracked,
diagonally, as the soundboard shrank and pulled up and
back from the rib, right where the rib crossed under a
pre-existing soundboard crack. I am intending to glue
the cracked rib, using a  piano-wire type clamp.
     What type of glue should I use? ( stongest )
Bolduc wood glue?
Epotek 301 epoxy ?
Other ?
     Thanks,