Cleaning

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 24 20:07:36 MDT 2006

Subject: Cleaning

I am cleaning a black polyurethane finish piano.  It has some white paint
from
> probably scraping against a wall during a move.
> What do I use to clean it without harming the finish?  Can I use something
> from an auto store like a rubbing compound?
> I have some Cory products (cleaner and scratch remover) and plan to use
those
> as well.

Luis Antonio Galvez-Alcantara

If it's polyurethane, mineral spirits will soften the deposit, then wipe it
off.  If it's polyester, any paint solvent including acetone and lacquer
thinner may be used to wash it off.  Test an inconspicuous spot before
attempting the rub.  Buffing compound may be all you need to remove the
paint and restore the luster.

Paul C