harpsichord sharps hitting balance rail

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 25 16:01:12 MDT 2006

Barbara
I'd guess the answer would depend on how high the sharps are.  The
limit on pianos is 1/2" I think, perhaps some variance by
manufacturer.  I think the harpsichord here is a little less.  A lot
of pianos to have a half-oval taken out of the sharps where they
would hit otherwise.  Probably a little of both...

Enjoy
Andrew