steinway squeak

TOM DRISCOLL tomtuner at verizon.net
Fri Oct 27 04:53:52 MDT 2006

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Isaac Sadigursky
  To: 'Pianotech List'
  Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 12:47 AM
  Subject: RE: steinway squeak

  Hi,Mike! I went the other way:

  I use VJ [my own recepie] on metal-to-metal,wood-to-metal,etc for all piano needs and went the other way,using it on corks on my clarinet and my sons sax'es and flutes and it works wonderful and it's cheap..I will bring you a nice jar next summer to Kansas City.. My Best   Isaac.

  Isaac and Mike,

      My old VJ was vaseline talc(unscented) and a lanolin.If I remember the suggestion was from Del to replace the talc with powdered teflon. I make up a batch every few years.

      I'm real scientific about the mix. Heat a big pile of vaseline in a double boiler,add a bunch of teflon powder and the contents  of lanolin from the tube (Available at the drug store) mix it up ,pour some back in the big vaseline container and the rest in film canisters or better any small plastic container with a water tight screw top. (When the temp in the car gets real high the junk can leak out of a film canister DAMHIK !)

      Tom Driscoll RPT