popsicle stick engineering

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 18:06:53 MST 2006

You know, when I tell people at the university that a piano was a dog
from the beginning and that new parts over the years have only made
things worse, they look at me like I'm crazy. On the other hand, one
seems to always be able to get pianists to agree that there is not
much of anything worse than a bad S&S. Maybe they just think I'm
crazy for suggesting that an instrument with manufactured-in canine
characteristics could actually ever be changed into a fine instrument.

Did you mean "acceptable ratio may not be _achievable_"? Or did you
mean to say that even with a good ratio, this action might still have
unacceptable characteristics?

Kent