Instructions for looping machine.

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Aug 1 18:04:53 MDT 2007

At 14:46 8/1/2007, you wrote:

>>Ron, John,
>>I found the instructions for the looper on a stick, (APSCO #282)
>>which looks a lot like Schaff #114. would that be close enough??
>>Conrad
>
>Thar she blows! The APSCO looper on a stick is the very one.
>
>Ron N

My scanner is on strike, apparently. Here's what it says...

===========================
#282 APSCO LOOPING MACHINE

Hardened blocks and hook resist wear from piano wire. Easy to
use.  Just clamp wood block securely in a vise and it is ready to use.

Follow these simple instructions:

1. Adjust sliding block to length of loop desired.  You can adjust
the length of the loop by sliding block to desired position.

2. Insert wire in hole of sliding block until wire protrudes about
1/4" through the bottom of block.

3. Loop the wire around the hook in counter-clockwise direction and
return wire to hardened block.

4. Clamp the wire in blocks by holding handle down firmly. (Do not
allow wire to slip.)

5. Turn crank clockwise until you have the twist you desire.  (Tight or loose.)

6. Open blocks and while holding wire end, continue to turn slowly
until the wire coils on loop end.  2 or 3 turns make an ideal loop.

7. Remove loop and trim excess wire. Now you have a consistent and
professional looking loop.

Practice makes perfect, and with a little experimenting you will
find, you too, can make professional appearing loops.

AMERICAN PIANO SUPPLY COMPANY

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.