Piano Training Question

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 1 19:23:33 MDT 2007

Hi, Evan:
	You may get several replies, but I think most will say that Randy Potter's
School of Piano Technology is the best correspondence course out there at
the moment.  You don't want to start off on the wrong foot, learning an
archaeic way of tuning.  You will get a well-rounded education in piano
technology, and you can start making money even before you finish the
course.  If you finish the Potter course, you can get employment almost
anywhere (assuming you are diligent to make progress).  Tuning pianos isn't
exactly easy, and requires months of concentrated effort just to get a
foothold.  Not to discourage you, but there is a great deal of skill
necessary to master the craft.  Making a business of piano tuning also
takes time to establish.
	You can also join a nearby chapter of the Piano Technicians Guild where
you can learn from guys/gals who started out just like you.
	If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
	Good luck!
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego