Piano Training Question

Rob Mitchell tpa2sfr at pacbell.net
Thu Aug 2 11:15:15 MDT 2007

Evan,

I went through Randy Potter's home study course last fall and I also
attended his 1-week Advanced Training Seminar this last January in Bozeman,
Montana.  I was an engineer by training and came at this as a career change
opportunity with a modest musical background but no experience in piano
tuning or repair.

I would give both of Randy's courses a strong recommendation.  As with any
home study course, you need to be diligent about working through the texts,
videos and tests.  I think I averaged about 20 - 30 hours / week and it took
me 5 months to finish the course.  If you can afford it, I'd encourage you
to purchase the entire course at once (I think Randy still gives the option
to purchase in installments).  I found it very helpful to have everything
there from the beginning.

Good luck,

Rob

Mitchell Piano Service