Removing key fronts

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Thu Aug 2 13:31:06 MDT 2007

At 8:52 am -0300 2/8/07, John Ross wrote:

>I said what I MEANT.
>
>In this area the term % is used, when I order it in the Drugstore.
>(Chemist for you)
>Mind you I might be out in the exact %, it might have been 35%.
>It does get confusing, doesn't it, the terminology difference
>between countries.

The relationship between vols and percent is explained here
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_peroxide>.

As I said, I always use 12% (40 vol) or 18% (60 vol) in a cream and
the results are quite rapid.  I would hesitate to use anything
stronger for fear of uneven bleaching or even damage to the ivory,
though I have no evidence that it could do damage.  I used to stand
in the sunshine painting on the liquid peroxide until I practically
went blind before I doscovered the cream peroxide, which stays active
for many hours and requires no operator presence.

JD