CA glue---thanks

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 3 06:06:05 MDT 2007

Thanks to all for the intelligent responses.  I'll stay away from the Lock-Tite in the future.  I think Joe Goss put it best: (I paraphrase...) If your eyes aren't watering, it ain't the right glue to use.

  Thanks again,
  Tom Sivak

Ron Koval <drwoodwind at hotmail.com> wrote:
  I remember hearing or reading somewhere that any CA that comes from a
grocery store, or hardware store, or "big box" store must meet certain shelf
life requirements. To assure that shelf life, additives are used which can
have an effect on performance...

Stick to the hobby shops, or mail order - My best results have come from
multiple passes instead of one heavy application. Also, be aware that low
humidity can have a negative impact on the pinblock CA treatment.... as some
of you in the dry southwest have reported.

Ron Koval
Chicagoland

A new home for Mom, no cleanup required. All starts here.