New bass strings, some dead

PAULREVENKOJONES paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Fri Aug 3 16:28:23 MDT 2007

Terry and John:

I'm curious why it is so important to string makers that they each and every one over time has said that their particular strings don't need a twist in them, when in fact in each and every case in my experience, a single full twist has improved the sound of the string from it's untwisted condition. Actually, I don't wonder at all, of course. James Arledge, Danny at GC, and a few others, are really terrific scale guys and high-end, consistent string makers. What's the big deal with a twist? It only makes sense to me to do so unless there is a provable reason not to. What would that be? Does James read this list? Could he chime in here? Do you guys know?

Paul

"If you want to know the truth, stop having opinions" (Chinese fortune cookie)