A Taxing Question

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 20:58:19 MDT 2007

Alan,

Gifts are not taxable.  HOWEVER!  <G>...I do think what you received
is really a tip.  It was given as appreciation for good service.  And
I think the box on the tax return says something like wages and tips.
I'd ask your accountant.

Now, if you were to send me the $200, it would not be taxable because
it would be a gift from you to me...totally unrelated to business.  I
would write you a thank-you note if you do that. ;-)  It would, of
course, go to a great charity...the John Needmore Fund.

JF