Baldwin SD-10 ruminations (long)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Aug 4 11:50:10 MDT 2007

> As much as I'd like to pack the whole thing off to Bolduc for a new board and
> bridges, I have to make my business case to the powers that be (i.e. he who writes
> the cheques.)

Sounds to me like a board and bridges is exactly what it
needs. If you don't have the budget and don't mind it still
sounding thin and harsh after it's strung, go ahead and lower
the plate and don't worry too much about front and back
bearing angles. They aren't the cause of the sound problem.

Or if you can negotiate a budget to actually fix a few things,
send it to me and I'll come pretty close to making it into a
piano.

Ron N