(was soundboard repair) Titebond and hammer twist

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Sun Aug 5 10:54:18 MDT 2007

At the KC Convention, in ___________'s class (I really don't remember right
now), I heard the statement made that hammers glued with Titebond will
eventually twist out of their original alignment due to moisture changes as
the glue dries completely, if I recall correctly.

This is not to argue with Mr. M. but to ask about that statement:  did I
understand it correctly, and have other had that experience?  Personally, I
have noticed new hammers glued with Titebond seem to not be in the same
alignment after several months, but I had chalked it up to my poor memory or
poor technique.  But if it really is a consequence of the adhesive, then
that's very interesting (and makes me feel better).

Now that I've got a reliable glue pot, it's no longer an issue, but I'd
still like to know about Titebond and twisting.  Thanks!

Annie Grieshop