Hide Glue VS Aliphatic Resin

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 17:02:40 MDT 2007

I did a little research and made some changes on my personal page(thanks
Annie) so hopefully this post will post!
I went to Bill Spurlock's site for info on hide glue and found the article
from Woodezine, which is a free e-zine for anyone to subscribe to and has
articles of interest for our trade in it on occasion. I then Googled
Aliphatic Resin and came upon the article from Frets it wasn't testing
exactly what we are asking but I believe it answers the question! He was
doing precise measurements before and after testing the joint with weight
then applying heat and weight. His measurement cold disproves the the theory
of the glue changing the hammer/shank attitude, I believe. However his heat
test had a surprising result, for me at least and would be something to keep
in mind.

<http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.1&disp=inline&view=att&th=1143828c089b366c>
*woodezine - All About Glue.htm*
23K View<http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.1&disp=inline&view=att&th=1143828c089b366c>