Hide Glue VS Aliphatic Resin & Hammer Twist

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Aug 6 10:59:18 MDT 2007

> I believe the question of hammer twist is more likely a case of possible
> lack of support for the hammer while the glue is curing or a rush to
> machine the shank ends off after gluing. When I hang hammers I allow
> them to fully cure for 24 hours before I do anything with them, the
> minimum cure time for both glues is 18 hours. If you try to rush that
> time, I believe you can be borrowing trouble.

It's been my experience that any glue I've used will do this.
Hammer sets I hang will pretty much always need some burning
in a couple of days after hanging. I think it's more a matter
of how tightly they're dry fitted than the glue used.

> *FRETS.COM.htm*
> 6K View
> <http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.1&disp=inline&view=att&th=11438277900e9fb8>
> Download
> <http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.1&disp=safe&view=att&th=11438277900e9fb8>

A URL to a subscription service is of use only to those
willing to subscribe.
Ron N