Stringing Faux Pas or Not Taught Anymore?

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Wed Aug 8 09:15:09 MDT 2007

I'm definitely a sweaty hands guy so I keep a box of vinyl inspection gloves handy, lightly powered. It took some getting used to the feel (or lack there of), but this too shall pass.  I go through a few sets per stringing from handling the wire. They fit tight and therefore do not interfere with my work pace or agility, nor is there any debris left in the piano. It's well worth protecting the wire from the needless oxidation that results from even the cleanest hands.

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts
(978) 323-4545