Stringing Faux Pas or Not Taught Anymore?

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 13:04:31 MDT 2007

<<  I was originally

taught back in class to keep a box of regular old cornstarch handy. Pour

about a teaspoonful in your hand and put some back into the other and rub

them together carefully then "wash" your hands in the cornstarch. It will

absorb the hand oils, sweat etc. on your hands. Pour some into the box of

tuning pins, a generous amount, so every time you reach for a pin you

re-apply it to your fingers.  >>

I have found that by washing my hands before stringing, and then dusting them
with unscented talcum powder, I avoid leaving anything on the strings that
will corrode them.  I do this about every couple of hours.  I also wrap the
fingers on my left hand with thin masking tape, as that keeps me from developing
callouses or blisters.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>