composite block warping

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Aug 9 09:31:53 MDT 2007

>   The block was tighter than most new blocks I
> encounter but not jumpy or overtight.  It was not hard
> to control the movement of the pin.  I liked it.
>
> Do you exercise some humidity control on your blocks
> right up to drilling time?
>
> Bob

No, not at all. It's at whatever the shop conditions dictate
at the time of drilling. I make up the blocks one or two at a
time, for whatever is in the shop that will need one, and they
sit around for a month or three until they get installed. No
special treatment. If they needed special treatment, I'd be
using something different that didn't. I use the same 6.8mm
bit I've used for years. I've (second pass) drilled dozens of
blocks with it, both Delignit, and in recent years the
composite, with good results.

Ron N