Dampp-Chaser in action?

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sat Aug 11 12:43:02 MDT 2007

Hi John,

It would be much better to have a separate controller for any rods in an
action cavity--and I'd go with the "moist" setting. Further I'd "daisy
chain" into the humidistat on the drier bar side for the controller for the
whole piano. DC used to make a 10 watt rod for this area--I'm not certain
that is still available.

At 02:28 PM 8/11/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>  > On pianos which had a DC on grand keys, the pin blocks failed due to the
> > drying. If the purpose is to keep the action dry in a damp environment
then
> > install the DC> under the keybed and let the heat rise that way.
>Directly under the
> > block...no.
>
> And put a humidistat inside the action cavity to control the rod under the
> keybed. Yes?
>
> Plug it into the H unit operating the rods under the sounding board. --
> Regards,
>
> Jon Page  No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free
>Edition.  Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.11.13/946 - Release Date:
>8/10/2007 3:50 PM
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner