Plastic Flanges, Repair or Replace?

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Mon Aug 13 16:18:55 MDT 2007

Ran into a loose centre pin on a wippen plastic flange today.
Now if it had been a wooden one, I would have reamed for a larger pin, and the wood would have allowed this.
I changed the flange.
What is the preferred method with these plastic flanges?
I could have rebushed, but that takes more time, and what type of glue do you use.
I agree that the plastic parts do not change with humidity, and they can be made with closer tolerances.
But what do we do when they wear out?
Change them?
This piano, is probably around 10+ years old. Trust me to forget the serial number, and it is an hour away.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca