lubricating leather

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Mon Aug 13 16:19:42 MDT 2007

Ballistol.
Does Mother Goose still sell it?
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: A440A at aol.com
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 6:29 PM
  Subject: Re: lubricating leather

  William writes:

    I'm replacing the rubber grommets in the cups at the back of the pedal
    (where the rods rest in the pedal) with leather - brand new, fresh, clean
    leather.  VJ lube, Teflon powder, TFL 50, nothing?  What would you all use
    for a lubricant here??

  Greetings,
      I have had no problems with rubbing stick graphite into the leather before cutting to fit, and then dipping the pedal rod ends in Teflon before I drop them in the hole.  It seems to be as durable as anything I have tried.
  Regards,

  Ed Foote RPT