squeaky, creaky pedal puzzler---SOLVED!

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 20:55:36 MDT 2007

Isn't it great that we get paid well...even when we're learning "on
the job"?   I love it, at least when I learn fast.  When I'm learning
slowly, though, it's a real pain. :-)

As an example, my hourly rate is $60.  However, if I'm doing something
for the first  time, I would charge something like $45/hr unless the
solution is very obvious.  It's fair to both me and the customer.  The
customer still gets good service, and I finally realize the right way
to do it after __ minutes of eye-balling and scaring gremlins away.

Another good way to properly bill for your services is to use the
labor guides as an average.  I have both guides written by Newton Hunt
and Joe Garrett.

JF