damper shoosh noise

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Sun Aug 19 15:35:15 MDT 2007

Do not use serrated scissors.  What you need is hair cutting scissors
with micro-toothing.  (Perhaps that is what Howard J. meant ?)  The
micro-teeth keep the fibers from sliding away from the blades, but the
teeth actually stop short of the cutting edge.
I import scissors for damper work directly from the scissor
manufacturer in Germany.  There are no middlemen, distributors and
wholesalers involved.  As a result, you get the same quality of
scissors that hair dressers use for less than half the cost.  [That is
still plenty - these scissors are amazing precision tools]
for more info scroll down a bit at:
http://www.pianofortesupply.com/NEWS.html

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply