Problems With Duplex Scaling Of Pearl River Grands?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Aug 19 16:23:53 MDT 2007

> /"On any given string, the duplex segment will not match the pitch of
> the speaking segment of the sting. (It cannot because these two segments
> are different lengths)."/
>
> Since when? I mean, assuming the duplex segment was somewhere close to
> being "tuned".
>
> Terry Farrell

If any rear duplex segment lengths match their speaking
lengths, it's only going to be in the top octave. Lower down,
the speaking segments get too long. And for that matter, why
should it matter a whit if the rear duplex is any direct
relationship to it's speaking length? It'll be just as "tuned"
if it's pitch matches something somewhere up or down scale.
Ron N