"Vapors" From CA Treated Pinblock?

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 23:22:07 MDT 2007

On 8/20/07, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

> > Good point, I return tomorrow for the tipup and tune, I'll check it
> > then. I used the very thin CA I'm thinking it probably flowed through
> > the wood but it is possible there's a seperation, Wurlitzers are good
> > for that. I think that's one of the reasons they switched from the felt
> > to the 1/4" plywood on the tops.
>
> To hide the problem better?
>

> >It's just possible the CA filled the
> > opening if it's a small enough one.
>
> Filling the opening with a glue of low tensile strength with
> no additional mechanical fasteners doesn't strike me as a
> particularly positive thing.
> Ron N

I'll look at it and see if it's open and by how much, if it's where I think
it is there's not a lot of room for bolts, way too many pins in too small an
area, hardly any plate screws. The center, temperment area. I've bolted them
there but never satisfactorily.

--
Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service