Retractable caster system

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 23:01:47 MDT 2007

On 8/21/07, Barbara Richmond <piano57 at insightbb.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> I visited another tech's house this past weekend, where I saw this
> retractable caster system on a work bench.  He said the plans came out of a
> woodworking magazine...  I might be able to figure out how to build these,
> but it would be a heck of a lot easier if I had the plans.
>
> Anyone have them, or know where I can get them?  I've searched online with
> no luck.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Barbara Richmond, RPT
> near Peoria, Illinois
>
> Hi Barbara,

I did a little search of my own, I found a reference to an article on
retractable wheels for a workbench in a Wood Magazine 2004 issue 160
Dec/Jan 2004/2005 I believe it's available to buy online at their website if
you can't find it at your public library. I have an extensive collection of
woodworking websites and waded through many of them with little success. I
did find one from Norm Abrahms but it was primitive compared to the pic you
provided. I'm thinking the one from the article in Wood is probably it.
Mike

--
Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service