Grand Dampers

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 07:39:57 MDT 2007

I just did a set like that I didn't do anything special, but I used the
red backed damper felt and didn't have much of a problem with the centers
not adhering.

I do know you don't need to replace the stitched felt with stitched felt,
the companies that produced grands that came with that kind of felt just
ordered the one kind of damper felt for uprights and grands making it easier
for them. As long as you get your length right you can replace the stitched
with block type and have no problem.

I had planned on doing that on the set I just did but didn't have the right
size/type damper felt on hand and needed to get it done.