What's the best method for mass action-center bushing ?????

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 11:17:45 MDT 2007

On 8/22/07, gordon stelter <lclgcnp at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm restoring a grandiose, art case Ivers and Pond,
> 1902, possibly the most impressive upright I've ever
> seen. Reusing all the action parts ( to keep geometry
> identicle ), Ecsaining the butts, etc..
> What's the best method for bushing all the centers
> quickly, and uniformly, please?
>
>     Thanks!

> http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222

Hi Gordon,
I like the flange bushing broach kit(pg. 50 of the new Schaff
catalog)developed by Don Manino it has 8 wire broaches with set diameters
instead of being tapered so you can choose a size for your project and all
will be uniformly sized and use the same size pin. The way it's set up you
can ream both sides of a flange simultaneously, saving a lot of time! Sounds
like a grat project, is that one of the old ones with agraffes all through
the tenor and treble?
Mike

--
Michael Magness