Tiny pieces in butts

johndelmore at suddenlink.net johndelmore at suddenlink.net
Mon Aug 27 13:16:07 MDT 2007

Thanks Jurgen.  I did have one other reply from your possibly unbeknownst collaborator, and I thank him also--even though he bought the last undercloth in captivity from Pianotek...

Butt undercloth must be the most neglected subject of piano technology...nothing here, nor on Google...it's like it doesn't exist!!  Unfortunately, this is my "lab" piano, from 1916, and was fairly well moth/rat/whatever chewed, so it was hard to tell type or dimension of the various felts and the undercloth.  So, action cloth and bushing felt it will be...whatever makes it work!!

Gang-stripping sounds like a great plan, but Billings flanges are present...I'll have to see if it's feasible.

Thanks again!
John