grand checking adjustment

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Aug 28 19:11:14 MDT 2007

<< 1.  Strike the key, see where the hammer checks, and adjust accordingly.
2.  While holding the key down, lift the hammer, and let it fall into a
checked position.

If I make everything even with method 1, then re-assess with method 2,
checking is uneven... and vice versa.  Advice, please. >>

I hold down five keys at a time, grab the five hammers, and basically, throw
them down into check, adjusting the checks to make an even line.  Then, in the
piano, I recheck the checking and make minor corrections to even them up.

Ed Foote RPT
the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>