Voicing needles?

Wayne Walker wayne.w at musicstop.com
Fri Aug 31 06:07:00 MDT 2007

I looked for the glover needles at fabric stores, upholstery and leather
outlets. I had no luck so I ordered some from Pianophile. Only after getting
the needles I found out that they can destroy hammers. They tear the felt.
So I have gone back to the round needles, they take bit more effort to push
into the felt but cause no damage.

Wayne Walker
Piano Tuner / Technician
Musicstop Acoustic Piano Service