RTC VS TUNE LAB

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Sat Dec 1 16:45:48 MST 2007

In a message dated 12/1/2007 1:06:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
deanmay at pianorebuilders.com writes:

It starts out saying ALL updates are free. But if you follow the link to RCT
upgrade page (_http://www.reyburn.com/rctupgrade.html_
(http://www.reyburn.com/rctupgrade.html) ) you’ll find that upgrading to Windows Mobile 5.0 will cost
you $229 to $299.
That's not an update - it's a different operating system. Not so different as
PC and Mac, but different, and requires additional programming. Not Dean's
fault; I expect he just wants to get paid for his time adapting the program.
I have to ask permission and jump through hoops to port it from one machine
to another.
Turn it around - if you had invested time and risk in developing a program,
would you want to protect it against unauthorized use?
I'm sure Dean would welcome suggestions for simplifying the copy-protection.
Unfortunately, piracy seems to be the rule rather than the exception these
days. For some reason, many people have begun to rationalize "If you don't
protect it, it's my right to take it" and "It was probably too expensive anyway, so
I'll share it with friends" and "Corporations are faceless and evil, so I
don't have to pay." The world would work so much better if everyone just did the
right thing....

Bob Davis