David Andersen's whole-note tuning

Scott Jackson ScottWayneJackson at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 1 17:55:23 MST 2007

One discussion from January 2000 titled "Strip Muting/unisons" seems to be
debating tuning one string only across the whole keyboard before pulling in
unisons, as opposed to "Open unison tuning".

This quote last year from David Andersen may give me a hint......

"Whole tone tuning, when practiced by a good tuner, is incredibly accurate.
 Whoever made that statement to you is ignorant on the point,  with all
due respect. PTG sells a little book by Virgil Smith about tuning that
will set you straight, I believe."

So, maybe I should read "New Techniques for Superior Aural Tuning"?
Scott Jackson