Steinway & Sons Watches

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sun Dec 2 21:22:57 MST 2007

>>Will the 'store techs' allow it to lapse out of warranty while not mentioning
>>issues that the owner does not realize?

>>You've seen "store techs" do that too?  I thought I was the only
>>one bothered by that.

>I think there is a consumer-product-wide negligence where,
">If the customer doesn't see a problem, there is no problem."

So are these 'Company Techs'  incompetent or instructed not to
divulge irregularities.

I've declined work on one piano until it was out of warranty just to avoid the
battle of getting caught in the middle. The 'company man' never brought up
the issues that silently bothered the owner. Once I mentioned the blaring
action heaviness he said, " I thought it was supposed to be that way but
would ease up with playing."   Well it didn't, even after the ten years later
after his warranty expired and he called someone other than the 'company guy'.

Shame on them.
--

Regards,

Jon Page