stumped

pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 3 21:38:16 MST 2007

stumpedLeslie: We can't work miracles, as much as we may want to. If the man had bought a car in this condition, he would have had to have it towed to a shop, where they probably would have told the tow truck driver to keep on going until he got to the junk yard. His ignorance is not your fault. When I first started in this business, the birdcage piano, usually bought at an antique auction, was showing up all over the place. I, the greenhorn tuner in town, was ignorant enough to try and make them playable, which was an impossible task for 99% of them. If they can't afford to buy another piano, perhaps they could rent one, and chalk this experience up as an expensive lesson in how not to purchase a piano.
Good luck,
Patrick C. Poulson
Registered Piano Technician
Piano Technicians Guild