"concertt pianist, was Re: stumped

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 10:49:48 MST 2007

Not to discount Les' situation, but I wonder how many "concert pianists" are out there to begin with. I hear it so often that a relative is coming for the weekend, and "you know, he's a concert pianist", only to find out he has a degree in piano, and played his senior recital at college.

Even the music on the piano is not always proof of the quality of the player. The pianist might have that there to practice, but is no where close to being able to play it.

Wim