stumped

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 12:01:30 MST 2007

Judging from the input I've had from people who've tried it, #1 tuning pins work in an open block (i. e. , the coil is a few millimeters above the block itself, not the plate).  Apparently, anything much less than a #2 tuning pin will flagpole too much in a Steinway-style plate (with plate webbing over the pinblock, no plate bushings).  I was considering trying #1s on a new block in a "D" but was strongly advised not to for the aforementioned reason.  (Sounds like someone else had already been there and done that.)

Alan Eder