Del Fandrich

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich at pianobuilders.com
Wed Dec 5 13:21:50 MST 2007

So far, so good. Both our home and shop are reasonably high and (so far) dry.

My shop assistant, et al, were rousted about 3 am Monday night/Tuesday morning
by the National Guard and forced to evacuate there home. By morning there was
about six feet of water around their house.

I-5, both north and south, is still closed with parts of it still under water.
It's expected to reopen tomorrow sometime depending on how much damage the
floodwaters have done to the roadbed.

In some areas as much as 20+ inches of rain fell within a 24 hour period. That
was driven by winds of 80 to 90 mph with gusts up to 120 mph--strong enough to
blow a couple of empty railroad boxcars off their track. By yesterday afternoon
it was in the high 50s and the sun was shining brightly.

Some parts of Centralia/Chehalis and some of the outlying communities are still
under several feet of water but the rains have tapered off and the waters are
receding at something like 4" per hour so it shouldn't take too much longer to
dry things out.

Then the cleanup begins.

Del
Delwin D Fandrich