K&C SKV-48 question

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Dec 5 20:13:16 MST 2007

I service one of these models at a high school. They've had it about 20
years and it has held up fairly well with heavy use. It was popping bass
strings like crazy after 10 years and I put on a new set which have been
doing fine since. I've also replaced the little pivot bracket for the
sustain rod on the back side of the action a couple of times. This last time
I took down the damper spring tensions o relieve the stress on that bracket.

It is a Samick piano and has the usual clangy hard Asian hammers. The music
teacher likes it.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272