Threadbare

bunkyaol bunkypiano at aol.com
Fri Dec 7 06:20:36 MST 2007

 This might be interesting....When I first started tuning in New Orleans
about 30 years ago, I purchased a hearse and would back into the clients
driveway...This way I only had to schedule one tuning a day, you have no
idea how many people would call and ask "did martha die?", and upon hearing
what was really going on, they would say, hey do you think he could come
over to my house when he finishes you?...The good thing was I could do my
commercial customers, ie. bars, hotels at nite prior to showtime and could
stay pretty close in the same neighborhood all day...And a hearse stripped
out can hold piano tools, parts, donkey, and is itself a traveling
shop...and you can purchase them very reasonably....And the magnetic signs
on the side...read...Mc Nabb's Keyboard Clinic, "For the life of your
piano"..I proceeded to tune the Jazz Fest for the next 30 years as well...I
moved to Bunkie, (Home), opened up a retail store, Rebuilding shop,
refinishing shop for pianos and antiques, restored and opened a 100 year old
hotel, and continue to operated my music business, which is the true love of
my life...It's been a great vocation, with which I raised 6 wonderful
children, (one's still 13), anybody coming to Louisiana, stop by and say
hi......
www.baileyhotel.com

Seasons Greetings All, and Happy Yuletides!
Tom Mc Nabb