Lack of low frequency response

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Dec 8 08:14:02 MST 2007

Yes what Jon P. said
  I've had this anomaly in two pianos.  Each time the top end of  the bridge
was binding against the plate.  However the notes directly below  the first
two or so notes weren't' effected much.  Yours has the  entire bass sounding
odd.  Hmm Check both ends of that bridge.
  Also it can be so many other things. pick one.
 Dale

Hi  folks.

Just a general question I would like some thoughts on.   What are the
major reasons for a soundboard not having very good low  frequency
response.  I've heard several makes from former eastern  Europe...
Zimmerman comes to mind right away.... with a particular kind of  nasal
sound to their instruments... and I've come to the conclusion that  this
sound often corresponds to a panel with poor frequency response  under
say... 300 hz.  Like turning down everything below 300 hz on a  stereo
system... turning up the midrange... and leaving everything above  2000
hz alone.

I'd appreciate some thoughts on the  matter.

Cheers
RicB