Becket

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Sat Dec 8 21:17:52 MST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007, Alan Barnard wrote:
> This is a very common event.
Very common event?  As in weekly or monthly?  Then why has almost no
one experienced it?  After 26 years in the biz, I had my first one last
month.  I posted about my broken becket  to the CAUT list, and received
only shoulder-shrugging responses.
> The metal, presumably, is somewhat stressed and weakened making that
> 90 degree bend.
Really?  Look at this - the break is clearly not situated in the bend.