On the 9th day of December

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Dec 10 01:04:30 MST 2007

I Larry...

I just liked the last two contributions by our two Alans so much that I
thought they were worth adopting. Alan Bernards rework I thought worked
really well... and he kept the original last line   "And a cracked plate
and several stuck keys"  But Alan Forsyth suggested turning the last
line into something along the lines of an ape with a machine gun...
presumably so that when the 25th of December arrives we can finally
decide this thing isnt worth rebuilding and blow it up... :)

Anyways... its worth a mull along with the next few days lines.  Its the
10th here now and I'm off to work.

Cheers
RIcB

    As I was singing the song A MILLION times in my head (for info on that
    phenomenon go to  www.scifi.com) I kept on singing the line for the
    first
    day as "AND A CRACKED BRIDGE AND SEVERAL STUCK KEYS" thinking that
    that was
    the going phrase... Then I noticed it wasn't... But it probably
    should be in
    keeping with rhyming "partridge" which is why I was naturally singing it
    that way. Thoughts???

    Maybe "shredded" instead if "nipped" for the sake of meter???

    Larry Trischetta