hide glue 3

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 08:59:17 MST 2007

On Dec 9, 2007 8:49 PM, Dean May <deanmay at pianorebuilders.com> wrote:

>  I just use a hammer shank with the tip flattened on the belt sander
>

> *Dean*
>
> Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
>
> PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
>
> Terre Haute IN  47802
>  ------------------------------

the hot pot works the same. I use a flattened hammer shank like Dean,
through the top of the pot, where I cut it off ala Spurlock. Dipping it into
a babyfood jar which is suspended on three screws screwed through the side
of a pineapple slices can which is galvanized, it won't rust out on me. I
have flux brushes for larger jobs. I find it only takes a few minutes to
wash everything out with hot water for re-use. If you are going to use it
soon, 24 to 48 hours you can refrigerate the glue in the babyfood jar and
re-heat it.
A friend had a glue pot that had rusted out on him which is what convinced
me to use Bill's idea.
Mike
--
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging
their prejudices.
email mike at ifixpianos.com