YC action bracets

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Mon Dec 10 17:59:46 MST 2007

These came from a 25 year old YC. The customer complained the keys wouldn't work. I thought it was corroded keyleads. But then when the hammers wouldn't check, I figured it was the typical growing bracket problem. When I got the action on my bench, and took off the end brackets, they fell apart.

View full size

When I put the new ones back on, I had to adjust the wippen rail to get the action spread right. Instead of measuring, I just made sure the back of the jacks on 1 and 88 lined up with the knuckle core. Regulation was a breeze.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of