capo work

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Mon Dec 10 19:12:00 MST 2007

Re: capo workIt measures 1-9/16" long and wide x 1-3/8" tall.

William R. Monroe

  Thanks William...looking at the profile of the groove, the tool must be only an inch or so long?

  David Ilvedson, RPT
  Pacifica, CA 94044

  Found it.  Here are a couple photos.  Cork block, into which I've epoxied some "tootsie roll" type wood epoxy, which has been molded to match an existing capo profile.  I then trimmed off the excess on top, sides, ends to what worked for me.
  Emery cloth lays over the block just like a normal sanding block to reshape the capo.  BTW, when I molded the wood epoxy, I did so with a piece of emery cloth in place, to give me the proper profile.  Again, this is all assuming you like the existing profile.  Worked pretty well for me.

  William R. Monroe