Nuclear Rant was Re: problems reading posts

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 19:10:13 MST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 5:48 PM, J Patrick Draine <jpdraine at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow. Thanks for the information. I shall strive to be incorrect
> henceforth. Just in time for the holidays. Patrick Draine
>
> On Dec 10, 2007 4:00 PM, Alan Barnard < pianotuner at embarqmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Political Correctness is one of the greatest evils of our age. It is a
> > direct, nuclear assault on our freedom of speech. I condemn it utterly.

Hi Everyone,
I don't know about Alan, in fact I don't even KNOW Alan except via his posts
on this tech list. I can tell all of you one thing about him though, he is
an equal opportunity free thinker who speaks his mind. If someones
handi-capability gets in the way of that and is bruised by it I don't
believe it was done with any animosity but rather the man speaking his mind
and letting the chips fall where they may. I have no problem with that and I
have been at the end of his rapier on occasion.

I would suggest we all lighten up a little and remember the message of the
season.

I don't believe any offense was intended, I believe he, like me, didn't know
what to make of the message and had some fun with it. In other words,
perhaps he didn't KNOW what it was and therefor couldn't have been,
intentionally, making fun of Marshall.
A couple of you elected yourselves as the "Politically Correct Assumption
Squad", made the assumption that Alan was making fun of the "sight impaired"
and drafted yourselves to scold him. In so doing you have made the same
error you accuse him of, treating the sight impaired differently just
because of their impairment! This action makes you better how?  When you're
finished changing, you're finished.
*Benjamin Franklin*

Read my tag line, I choose them carefully and change them frequently!

Mike
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging
their prejudices.
Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404