Samick grand

Gene Nelson nelsong at pbic.net
Tue Dec 11 10:54:40 MST 2007

Can checking be set higher?
Gene
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron and Lorene Shiflet
  To: PTG - ask
  Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 6:46 AM
  Subject: Samick grand

  I have a Samick grand that I just reggulated.  All through it, the repetition springs were too strong.  You could feel them kick the key, all through the keyboard.  The problem was that the adjustment screw was at the lowest setting and it didn't seem to make much difference.  When I put the action back into the piano, it clicks pretty bad.

  On note #1, I actually took the spring out, weakened it and put it back in the whippen.  It works great but was a nuissance to re-install.  I'm deading doing this to the whole keyboard.

  Anyone have any better ideas?

  thanks
  Ron