Old Knabe

Martin Wisenbaker mbjwisenbaker at juno.com
Wed Dec 12 04:46:14 MST 2007

Avery:

I worked on one of these a few years ago. On top of the rocker capstan is
a connection similar to a Baldwin Acrosonic from the 1940's. In both
cases the connection must be pulled off from the center pin. Usually a
small screw driver can be used to do it. The bushing cloth may need to be
replaced. You might try using Protek first to see if that would free the
sluggishness. If not all 88 connections must be pulled off the rocker
capstan and then reconnected. It is a lot of work but it is the only way
to disconnect the stack from the keys and key frame.

I did not need to work on the dampers on the one I worked on so I cannot
offer anything about them.

I hope this helps you. Call me if you need to at my office number in the
directory. My cell number is not working at present.

Martin Wisenbaker, RPT
Houston, Texas